Wednesday, December 7, 2016

My christmas memories

Lovely Sarah started a little christmas countdown on her blog which is so so nice :D
The first entry is about christmas memories and I will now share some of mine.


Christmas has always been special to me. My mom loved christmas, so when I grew up there were lots of decorations, calendars, christmasbaking and music. Thinking back I really remember christmas as the best time of the year. I have always preferred the days leading to christmas than the day itself, I enjoy the countdown and all the things around but overall I think christmas is too much about gifts. 

The first years of my life I hated santa! I did not understand why he had to come. Even after I had come over my fear I just didn't care for him and used to snap the presents from his hand like a spoiled little brat without even a smile :'D 



Food was always a big part of christmasday! Something I really was looking forward to and it was always lots and lots of leftovers to eat for days, haha! 



After a few years our family skipped the Santa visits and my sister and I gave out the gifts. It was so much fun because the night before we had sat down and made rhymes to most of them :D 



When I moved away from home at 18 I started celebrating christmas with Mattias family. :)
This year is very special because his sister got a little babyboy 2 days ago, so this christmas will be very very different but also exciting!


14 comments:

  1. Christmas is best when there are children jumping around the house, well I guess a baby of this young age won't jump but still XD enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this post it made me smile. I loved looking through the child hood pictures. I got admit,it always going to my brother and seeing my nephews play and enjoying Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fin jultext. Jag förstår din aversion mot tomten. Vi hade aldrig tomte när jag var liten, och jag kan inte säg att jag saknar det. Det jag tycker är roligast med jul är att träffas och att det är en av få högtider som verkligen får ta tid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nej jag har aldrig tyckt att han är nödvändig. Kommer däremot inte neka mina framtida barn en jultomte som delar ut paketen om det är nåt de verkar tycka om ^_^

      Delete
  4. Christmas really is all about the memories (and good food!) than the presents, I agree. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahha, I love your photographs^^ In Hungary, Santa comes on the 6th of December and it's little Jesus, who brings the presents...As I refused to believe, that an infant who's just been born can the presents, my parents said it's the angels, who deliver them instead...So every year we had to hide and wait for the angels to do their job and ring the bell on the christmas tree to let us know that we can come out...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's an interesting tradition.
      Sounded better with the angels I think too! :D

      Delete
  6. Åh va mysigt med gamla bilder! Jag var rädd för julgranen när jag var liten haha! Och min brorsdotter är också rädd för jultomten! Grattis till att du blivit moster :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha en fobi för julgranar har jag aldrig hört talas om :D nu förstår jag varför du har en så liten ;)

      Tackar!

      Delete
  7. Jag var helt tokig i Jultomten när jag var liten, och vår familj har fortfarande "tomte" varje år :)
    Jag missade att skriva om julminnen förra helgen för Sarahs blogevent, men idag har jag skrivit om inredning och DIY.

    ReplyDelete