For many years now, I have been following one of Sweden's biggest blogs. A girl who calls herself Foki writes it.
For every year, even though I feel like people should get smarter when they get older, I am struck by how stupid this person is in her opinions. She really lives in a tiny beauty bubble where everything else is laughable and weird. She has even written a post once about how quirky we hairy feminists, we are so extreme and embarrassing you know...
China recently released these leggings. The purpose of these is for a women to be able to take these on and avoid being flirted with.
Just the thought of that bothers me. Why should we keep pushing on how unattractive it is for a woman to have hairy legs?
But what angered me more than the leggings themself was the comments Foki received from her readers.
As my sister said:
So many faces to punch.
I will hereby translate the worst comments into English to show how crazy this world we are living in is:
1. I almost threw up when I saw the picture.
2. God, how nasty, even as a woman I would flee from such a caveman if I didn't know it was leggings!
3. Yes, there is something for people who want to be forever alone.
4. Thanks for the picture. My breakfast was just destroyed.
5. So ugly! I would rather be persecuted and molested by guys than to walk around in those.
Why why why?
If a man has hairy legs, it isn't considered neither disgusting or repulsive? People do not tend to loose their appetite when they see a man in shorts. When do we women get to have hairy legs without feeling constantly observed and evaluated?